Program offered in 2 Texas Locations: San Antonio and McAllen
Computerized Accounting Specialist
I Want To Learn More About This Program
Thinking About Computerized Accounting Specialist School?
At SWS, we want you to make the most informed decision before you take the next step with us. Our faculty and experienced teaching staff care about your success, so it’s important for us that you understand how Computerized Accounting Specialist school will benefit your future!
What Does A Computerized Accounting Specialist Do?
Computerized Accounting Specialists often get the benefits of working both individually and alongside other team members to ensure that financial figures add up. They are often responsible for many important duties, including the following:
- Using bookkeeping software, online spreadsheets, and databases.
- Entering (posting) financial transactions into the appropriate computer software.
- Receiving and recording cash, checks, and vouchers.
- Putting costs (debits) and income (credits) into the software, assigning each to an appropriate account.
- Producing reports, such as balance sheets (costs compared with income), income statements, and totals by account.
- Checking for accuracy in figures, postings, and reports.
- Reconciling or noting and report any differences they find in the records.
Students who enroll in our Computerized Accounting Specialists classes will be able to handle the above responsibilities and more.
How Much Can Computerized Accounting Specialists Make?
The most recent salary information for bookkeeping, accounting and auditing clerks comes from the 2015 Bureau of Labor Statistics. The median annual wage for bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks was $37,250 in May 2015. The median wage is the wage at which half the workers in an occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $22,940, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $57,920*.
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/office-and-administrative-support/bookkeeping-accounting-and-auditing-clerks.htm (visited February 15, 2017).
How Long Does It Take To Become A Computerized Accounting Specialist At SWS?
At SWS, we know your time is valuable. That’s why we take pride in our ability to provide small class sizes so that students get personal teacher attention. This allows us to help you get through the Computerized Accounting Specialist school in a timely manner.
- For Day Classes, the Computerized Accounting program takes just under 8 Months to complete.
- For Night Classes, the Computerized Accounting program takes just under 12 Months to complete.
- For Weekend Classes, the Computerized Accounting program takes just under 12 Months to complete.
Ready To Take The Next Step? Fill Out The Form OR Call Now!
• Accounting Firms
• Payroll Clerk
• Administrative Assistant
• Accounts Receivable Clerk
• Income Tax Companies
• Bank and Credit Union Positions
• Government Agencies
• Office Assistant
• Medical Office Specialist
• Accounts Payable Clerk
• Civil Service Positions
• Law Offices