Program offered in Texas Location: San Antonio
Medical Office Specialist
I Want To Learn More About This Program
Thinking About Medical Office Specialist School?
At SWS, we want you to make the most informed decision before you take the next step with us. Our faculty and experienced teaching staff care about your success, so it’s important for us that you understand how our Medical Office Specialist classes will benefit your future!
What Does A Medical Office Specialist Do?
Medical Office Specialists often get the benefits of working in both an office setting and medical environment. They are often responsible for many patient interactions, including the following:
- Assisting physicians and other medical professional in a healthcare setting.
- Welcoming patients and customers in a healthcare setting.
- Perform duties that involve medical billing and coding.
- Preparing and indexing patient medical records for patients, physicians and medical professionals.
- Filing insurance claims and other various medical information for incoming patients.
By attending Medical Office Specialists School at SWS, a student is making a conscious decision to train to be able to handle these responsibilities and others.
How Much Can Medical Office Specialists Make?
The most recent salary information for medical records & health information technicians comes from the 2015 Bureau of Labor Statistics. The median annual wage for medical records and health information technicians was $37,110 in May 2015. The median wage is the wage at which half the workers in an occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $24,190, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $61,400*.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, Medical Records and Health Information Technicians, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-records-and-health-information-technicians.htm (visited February 15, 2017).
How Long Does It Take To Become A Medical Office Specialist At SWS?
At SWS, we know your time is valuable. That’s why we take pride in our ability to provide small class sizes so that students get personal teacher attention. This allows us to help you get through the Medical Office Specialist classes in a timely manner.
- For Day Classes, the Medical Office Specialist program takes just under 8 Months to complete.
- For Night Classes, the Medical Office Specialist program takes just under 12 Months to complete.
- For Weekend Classes, the Medical Office Specialist program takes just under 12 Months to complete.
Ready To Take The Next Step? Fill Out The Form OR Call Now!
• Medical Office Specialist
• Emergency Care Facilities
• Medical Billing/Collections
• Medical Receptionist
• Admitting Clerk
• Clerical Office Position
• Doctor’s Office
• Medical Secretary
• Home Health Agency
• Medical Records Clerk
• Office Assistant
• Administrative Assistant
• Healthcare Clinics