Program offered in 2 Texas Locations: San Antonio and McAllen
General Office Skills
I Want To Learn More About This Program
Thinking About General Office Skills School?
At SWS, we want you to make the most informed decision before you take the next step with us. Our faculty and experienced teaching staff care about your success, so it’s important for us that you understand how General Office Skills classes will benefit your future!
What Can Someone With General Office Skills Do?
An individual who has obtained General Office Skills can work in many different types of environments typically as an office assistant or administrative assistant. They are often responsible for various duties, including the following:
- Answering telephones and take messages or transfer calls
- Scheduling appointments and update event calendars
- Arranging staff meetings
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail and faxes
- Preparing memos, invoices, or other reports
- Editing documents
- Maintaining databases and filing systems, whether electronic or paper
- Performing basic bookkeeping
Someone who attends the SWS General Office Skills classes will come away with the ability to handle all of these responsibilities and more and be a more attractive candidate for job openings relating to general office work.
How Much Can Someone With General Office Skills Make?
The most recent salary information for general office clerks comes from the 2015 Bureau of Labor Statistics. The median hourly wage for general office clerks was $14.22 in May 2015. The median wage is the wage at which half the workers in an occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $9.06, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $23.34*.
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, General Office Clerks, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/office-and-administrative-support/general-office-clerks.htm (visited February 15, 2017).
How Long Does It Take To Obtain General Office Skills At SWS?
At SWS, we know your time is valuable. That’s why we take pride in our ability to provide small class sizes so that students get personal teacher attention. This allows us to help you get through the General Office Skills classes in a timely manner.
- For Day Classes, the General Office Skills program takes just under 6 Months to complete.
- For Night Classes, the General Office Skills program takes just under 9 Months to complete.
- For Weekend Classes, the General Office Skills program takes just under 9 Months to complete.
Ready To Take The Next Step? Fill Out The Form OR Call Now!
• Office Assistant
• Data Entry Processor
• Accounts Payable Clerk
• Front Office Coordinator
• Call Center Associate
• Law Offices
• Administrative Assistant
• Accounts Receivable Clerk
• Payroll Clerk
• Customer Service Representative
• Civil Service Positions
• Bank and Credit Union Positions