Program offered in Texas Location: San Antonio
I Want To Learn More About This Program
Thinking About Medical Assistant School?
At SWS, we want you to make the most informed decision before you take the next step with us. Our faculty and experienced teaching staff care about your success, so it’s important for us that you understand how Medical Assistant School will benefit your future!
What Does A Medical Assistant Do?
Medical Assistants often act as the bridge between patients and doctors and/or nurses. They are often responsible for many patient interactions, including the following:
- Welcoming patients and scheduling appointments and follow-up visits.
- Recording patients’ vital signs and basic medical history.
- Assisting doctors or nurses with the medical examination.
- Prepare and administer injections as instructed by a physician.
- Prepare blood samples for lab analysis.
- Become familiar with maintaining, accessing, and analyzing electronic health records (EHRs).
How Much Can Medical Assistants Make?
The most recent salary information comes from the 2015 Bureau of Labor Statistics. The median annual wage for medical assistants was $30,590 in May 2015. The median wage is the wage at which half the workers in an occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $22,040, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $43,880*.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, Medical Assistants, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-assistants.htm (visited February 15, 2017).
How Long Does It Take To Become A Medical Assistant At SWS?
At SWS, we know your time is valuable. That’s why we take pride in our ability to provide small class sizes so that students get personal teacher attention. This allows us to help you get through the medical assistant classes in a timely manner.
- For Day Classes, the Medical Assistant program takes just under 8 Months to complete.
- For Night Classes, the Medical Assistant program takes just under 12 Months to complete.
- For Weekend Classes, the Medical Assistant program takes just under 12 Months to complete.
Ready To Take The Next Step? Fill Out The Form OR Call Now!
• Medical Assistant
• Lab Assistant
• Primary Care Provider
• MHMR Aide
• Medical Secretary
• Medical Transcriber
• Home Health Aide
• Medical Records Clerk
• Insurance Clerk
• Safety Medic
• Dialysis Tech
• Veterinarian Assistant
• EKG Monitor Tech
• Unit Clerk
• Plasma Tech 1
• Medical Billing/Collections
• Medication Aide
• Medical Receptionist
• Component Processor
• Central Supply Clerk
• Plasma Technician
• Chiropractic Assistant
• Training Specialist
• Patient Care Clerk
• Paramedical Examiner
• Admitting Clerk
• Laboratory Aide
• First Aid Instructor