Pharmacy Tech Training: A Path To A New Future
When the majority of your income is being spent on the basic cost of living expenses like rent and electricity, it may be time to start looking for a change. Find a job that’s stable and gives you the extra cash flow to enjoy life. After all, life is about more than just surviving. So rather than hunting for a new job, why not train for a new career?
Training in Pharmacology can start you off on the right path to a rewarding career. At Southwest Schools, we offer classes to train you to become a pharmacy technician—a career where there are many job opportunities are available.
Career Opportunities as a Pharmacy Technician
When people think of pharmacy techs, they tend to think of retail pharmacies like CVS, Walgreens or even Target and Walmart. But the truth is that there are many different places a pharmacy technician is in demand. Positions often appear in places like:
- Hospital pharmacies
- Pharmaceutical facilities
- Drug-related companies
- Residential pharmacies
No matter where you find your employment, pharmacy techs are invaluable assets to any team of professionals. Discover more about training for your future career at any of our locations today.
Pharmacy Tech Training At SWS
SWS is a Texas career school that aims to prepare our students to find life-changing careers the best we can. Pharmacy tech training is just one of the many specialties we offer to our students.
At our Pharmacy Technician School, you’ll learn everything you need to help a pharmacist perform their daily tasks. This includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Packaging and labeling prescriptions. Ensuring the labels are correct could be a matter of life and death.
- Preparing and giving medication. Patients may need help administering medication. It’s your job to make sure they receive it correctly.
- Measuring amounts of medication for prescriptions. Medications need exact amounts. Because you trained how to measure properly, you’ll be saving someone’s life.
- Accepting payments and processing insurance claims. Medication isn’t the only part of the job. When processing a customer, you often need to go through their insurance or provide a bill.
- Welcoming patients and customers. Interacting with customers is a constant theme when you work in a pharmacy.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median pay of pharmacy techs is $32,700 a year. But the better news is that the position is predicted to grow at the rate of 12% in the next seven years. Which means more career opportunities for our graduates!
Our required courses specifically focus on professional procedures, computer basics, and pharmaceutical rules. In order to complete the program, students are expected to partake in an externship. During this externship, students take the skills they have learned and apply them to a real-life position. After all, the best way to train for a job is a hands-on experience.
In only eight short months (or twelve if you’re a night student) you could be ready to take on a new career! Contact our pros at SWS and take your first steps with the right pharmacy tech training.
Take Your First Steps Today
Interested in a new career? You owe it to yourself to get the best you can get. Contact our professionals and plan a visit to our school to see where the magic happens. But if you have a question or two beforehand, don’t hesitate to contact us! Let’s begin your journey at SWS.