Brightwood College is closing its doors. Are you a current Brightwood student affected by this closure? We’re here for you at Southwest Schools (SWS) in San Antonio. We’re accepting transfer students who are not yet finished with their classes as well as those in the externship phase of their career training. We’ll be accepting all credits from these Brightwood College students. That means you won’t have to take any additional classes when you transfer to SWS! Here’s what you need to know about the next steps.
Here for Brightwood College Students
Were you affected by the closures of Brightwood College in San Antonio? Southwest Schools might be able to help. See if you can transfer the credits you’ve already earned into a new program. There’s a chance your externship can apply to a new program as well. To get started, contact one of our representatives. We’ll go over the following questions you might have.
- How do I get my academic transcript from my former school?
- How do I transfer my credits to another school?
- How do I get in touch with my loan servicer? What do I need to ask them?
- In Texas, could I qualify for a tuition recovery fund?
- Do I qualify for a discharge of my student loans?
- What are the steps in the loan discharge process?
Depending on your background and interests, you might be able to transfer into one of SWS’s five programs. All programs focus on real-world skills to help you gain employment after graduation. Every curriculum includes job readiness components to help prepare you for potential employment.
- Clinical/Medical Assistant: Learn clinical and administrative skills, business communication, computer applications, and medical office duties such as filing insurance claims and codings. Graduates may find employment in doctor’s offices, hospitals, and other medical clinics.
- Pharmacy Technician: Learn basic pharmacology skills, operations, and procedures. These can include preparing medications for dispensing, labeling, and refill authorization, and transcribing physicians’ orders and hospital charts. This program assists students in preparing for the Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) exam. Graduates may find jobs a retail, hospital and residential pharmacies.
- Medical Office Specialist: Courses include business communication, computer applications, office duties, filing insurance claims, and billing and coding. Students who complete the program could find jobs as medical office specialists, office assistants, and administrative assistants.
- Computerized Accounting Specialist: Get the office skills, knowledge, and abilities required of a computerized accounting specialist. Students can learn general accounting principles and practices. Graduates could qualify for jobs as bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks.
- General Office Skills: This program teaches business communication, computer applications, filing, payroll, and reception duties. Possible employment includes word processors, call center associates, customer service representatives, and administrative assistants.
Attention San Antonio Students
To find out your options at SWS, give us a call at (830) 626-7007. We’ll answer questions and see what needs to be done to get you enrolled at one of campuses in San Antonio.